Happy belated new year to everyone. I can't believe it's 2005 already....school started with a vengeance two weeks ago and I've been pulling crazy hours since. This is what happens when you have clerkship applications due, a moot (fake trial thingy) coming up, plus a proposal to put together. And I haven't even started my readings for class yet. Oy.
Other than the insane busyness and law school taking over my life, 2005 is going okay. I got to go on my first roadtrip (okay, the Quebec chaperoned one doesn't count) with my oldest friends in the world. We basically drove up North to drop off my friend Em, who's doing this Outward Bound-esque year long program up there. We decided to stay for the weekend so there was some crazy ropes stuff (like walking on this tightrope thingy 25 feet off the group - it's even more terrifying than it sounds), snow-shoeing, skating on baseball diamonds (due to the amount of ice up there) and ice-climbing (which unfortunately I missed 'cause I was too pooped.) It was a good time, but I think I've come to the conclusion that I'm definitely more of a warm weather person. I can walk for hours on end even if it's crazy hot and humid outside. But plunk me outside in the cold, even with 5 layers of clothing on, and I'm freezing my ass off and dying to get back inside. Hmmmm....maybe I should rethink this whole Canadian thingy.
Grades are also coming out in 2 weeks. I'm still having nightmares about them. I don't think I've ever been so stressed about grades before - normally I'm pretty good at forgetting everything, including the exam, immediately after the exam. I'm already trying to organize a get together with my law friends where copious amounts of alcohol will be consumed following the release of grades to help deaden the pain. After all, we'll all have 3 months before we need to use our brains again - that should give us enough time to replace any brain cells we've destroyed right?