Thursday, June 01, 2006

It's a jungle out there

Started my apartment search last Friday. I think if I ever find a new place, I am not moving until I am physically booted out. Seriously, this process has been so traumatizing! Maybe it's because my budget is a little low (I don't want to get used to too nice a place in case I decide to switch jobs) but I have seen some seriously crappy places. I saw this unit that was going for $800 that looked straight out of a horror flick. Dude, you'd need to pay ME $800 to live in that thing.

I guess the landlords in Toronto just don't seem to take very good care of their buildings. Those that do tend to be people who rent out houses, but of course there aren't many of them around. *sigh* I've only been looking for a week and I'm already exhausted. Doesn't help that I picked the hottest week of the year so far to be walking around looking at places. Also, my blasted bar course is in the afternoon, meaning I have to rush around in the morning looking at stuff, rush back to shovel food down my throat, rush to class, then rush off to look at places before the superintendents leave for the day. All this rushing around is not doing wonders for my mental health. *sigh*

Need to go look at more places today....wish me luck...