Wednesday, July 21, 2004

$10 a day........

Alright, blog is working again so I gotta take advantage of it.  I was previously inspired to go shopping until I walked outside into the muggy weather.   Ugh.  Decided to go to a nice air-conditioned computer lab instead.   So much for that 'exercise' that I was supposed to have...... 

I did go to this major shopping area last Friday called Wanfujing.  Not that impressive to me since it was pretty much just American shops with American prices.  There was a lot of nice local food shops in the area though, but one of the people in my group got weirded out by seeing wriggling scorpions on a stick so we ate at a food court.  That's the nice thing about being Cantonese though, I'm not weirded out by any sort of strange foods anymore.  =)

One thing about the food though, it's so cheap!  A bowl of noodles costs 5 yuan (about $.90CAN) and most meals I've eated haven't cost more than 10 yuan.  Only thing is you gotta get over the amount of grease and msg in the food first.  No good recommendations yet though.......will be working on that this week.......