Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Expect the unexpected

Alright, I've been trying to update this thing daily but apparently the computer lab is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.  (Don't ask me why when there are so many foreigners on campus who all desperately want to check e-mail.)  Also, for some reason I'm having problems accessing this site, so you might only get sporadic updates.  Oh well, maybe it's back to e-mailing I guess.....
 
So, had 3 days of classes so far.  I ended up switching to 2 classes above the one I was originally placed in, with the first class (in the hard level) tomorrow.  Should be interesting since I just spent an hour looking up words I don't understand in a dictionary.  At least I finally figured out how to look up Chinese words.....I was so proud of myself the first time I successfully found a Chinese word all by myself.  =)
 
My classmates are pretty cool, there's a huge mix of people.  Europeans, Koreans, Americans, Canadians....they're all here.  So far I've met 2 fellow Torontonians (who are all nice of course) plus another law person studying at LSE  (London School of Economics).  I also feel my Mandarin getting better since I gotta use it all the time.  I actually helped these foreigners yesterday at my dormitory.  I was so proud of myself.....=)
 
Alright, enough patting myself on the back, gotta go eat....will write more l8r.....