Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Ah, oysterweed

It occurred to me that the last few postings have seemed a tad depressing. I've actually been a pretty good mood lately, contemplative yes, but I tend to post only when I'm trying to expunge something from my system - most of which tends to be the more negative stuff. That's what keeps me bouncy and happy. :)

On a more light-hearted tangent: oysterweed. To explain, I went up North with a bunch of my really good friends a while back and had the chance to play Taboo for the first time. For those of you who've never experienced the joys known as Taboo, you're given a time limit and during this time limit, you try to get your friends to guess as many words (printed on cards) as possible. The kicker is, on these cards are also words that you're not allowed to say as you're trying to get people to guess. For example, if the word is 'midnight', taboo words might be twelve, clock, time, etc. The funny part is when people just start blurting out random ridiculous things when they're trying to guess the word. Case in point, the word was 'crabgrass', and the suggestion was that it was a type of weed that was also related to seafood. Hence the beautiful suggestion: oysterweed. Hee....I still giggle everytime I think of it.

The other thing that never fails to bring a smile onto my face are pandas - especially baby pandas. My friend Stacey sent me this AWESOME link to this pandacam: http://nationalzoo.si.edu/Animals/GiantPandas/ Seriously, everytime I start getting stressed out I just click on that link & everything is good again. Now that's what I'd like to be in my next life. I mean, all you do is sit on your butt all day, eat, and have people think you're adorable. Could life get any better than that?