Over the course of 12 hrs, I have received close to 50 e-mail messages - all related to the wedding. This still doesn't beat the day when I got close to 70 wedding related messages. But this is starting to get a tad ridiculous.
Now, I am not only looking for a poem on love to read at the wedding (*sigh* don't ask. I do know though that "We Drive a Tractor/Trailer Unit" isn't going to make the final cut), was asked to accompany the bride-to-be to her hairstylist to learn how to do her hair (again, don't ask), was reassigned the duty of planning the bacholette party (did you know that there are only 2 people in the entire HK area who teach pole-dancing? And did you know that when you google pole-dancing, you get a lot of, um, unsavoury websites?), and just received a detailed 6 page breakdown of all the stuff that needs help with the day of the wedding. Complete with diagram. With arrows pointing to where I'm supposed to stand when I'm directing people into the ceremony.
Well, it could have been worse. I could have been assigned role of doing the gown steaming (which went to the maid of honour).
Next time I hear the word 'wedding', I'm running away to somewhere with no phone, no e-mail, and where even llhamas couldn't reach me if they tried. Seriously.