So, the seasons are changing again. I really do love spring, it's my absolute favourite season of the year. No matter how bad winter was and how convinced I am that this is the year I'm finally moving to Hawaii, everytime spring shows up again, all these thoughts melt away...
This year though, spring seems all the more poignant because a big change really IS in the air. Some of my good friends will be moving away soon, to be replaced with ones who will be moving to Toronto. I have 3 more days of classes left - probably the last time I'll ever be a full-time student in my life. Everything I do from here on out will be punctuated with the word 'last'. I'll soon be having my last class, hanging out with all my friends for the last time, and writing my last exam and last paper.
For the first time in 3 years, I'm adrift again with no knowledge of what's in store for me in the near future. I do realize, however that change is often a good thing. You can't go on to better things unless you're prepared to leave behind what you're currently doing. Change may be inevitable, but it is always a struggle to accept it. No matter how bad something may be, at least you knew what to expect. You fight it, even though it's part of the cycle of life and is often for the better. It was hard for me to leave Michigan behind, even though my life in Toronto has been so much better.
Spring doesn't only signal change, but also brings the promise of new beginnings. I wonder what life has in store for me next?