Argh, I can't access my blog to see if I my update went thru and I can't access my edits page to publish any saved drafts. Okay, this may only make sense to me (I'm still recovering from my cold so my mental faculties are even more dimishied than usual) but that may explain why you haven't heard from me lately.
Funny story: A bunch of ppl go to Panjiayuan, this really cool antique market. They spot this really ugly looking fake bronzey helmety thingy. Out of curiousity, they ask the guy how much it'll be. He says $1000 yuan. They reply the most they'll pay is 100. Since he says no, they walk away.
As they're walking away, the guy runs up to them and asks them if they could just offer a bit more, since he really can't do it for 100 yuan. They reply that they don't really want the helmet anyway and 100 is the most they're willing to pay. The guy thinks about this for a sec, and then asks them how they'd like the helmet wrapped.
That's China bargaining for you.
Semi-funny story: My friend and I are starting to get this bargaining thing down to an artform. I'll write more tips on bargaining later, when I have purchased more e-mailing time. But suffice to say, we have now gotten the price so low that they refuse to give us plastic bags with our purchases anymore.
More later......